Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fantasy Football Musings: Week 6


Maybe it’s because I’m a Bears fan, but do there seem to be far more false start penalties this year than in recent years?

Detroit may be the reason for all those false starts.  Ford Field isn’t huge, but it fits a ton of people.  The noise there is so loud it makes a game hard to watch b/c of all the false starts the fans cause.  Damn Lions fans haven’t cheered in 18 years, so it’s all coming out this year.

Everybody’s complaining about how ugly the Packer’s 1920’s throw-back unis are; I like them!  I want one of those jerseys.

How about London Fletcher?  He’s about 5’9, and has been a line backer for fourteen years in the NFL.  Big time little guy


Wow!  How about Buffalo’s Freddie Jackson this season?  Most people took him as their third back, and he’s a top 3 RB this season.  He just ripped-off an 80 yard TD!  And I’m not sure the Giants laid a hand on him...that was all Freddie.

Man Arron Rodgers is amazing.  Not only does he have 4 TDs in the first half today, he’s getting himself out of sacks, throwing off the wrong foot, throwing across his body, and hitting all of the receivers on his team.  And he’s doing it every time he plays.  As a Bears fan, all I can say is SCREW GREEN BAY!  First I have to watch Brett Favre for 15 years, now I have to watch Arron Rogers for the next 15?  Jeez!

Wow, Sean Payton got rolled up on along the sidelines. He’s hurt bad.  Oh boy.  Torn MCL and broken tibia. YIKES!

I love that AJ Hawk flips off his own sideline after a sack. 

Wow, Hanson missed a 50 yard FG.  That doesn’t happen very often.  That’s a 6 point swing for someone!

What is Vince Young doing on the field?  Oh, he’s throwing interceptions! 

I didn’t finish typing that last sentence before Bad Rex threw it right back to the Eagles.  FOUR picks for Sexy Rexy and HE GONE!

Wow, is that another garbage time TD for the CINCY def?  Unreal.  I’m glad I added Cincy Def last week.  :)

The Steelers beat the Jags by 4.  The spread was 12.5.  As a Steelers fan, I’m not very encouraged by that victory.

HA HA HA!  LeShon McCoy gets a first down, jumps up and goes to give Andy Reid a pat on the belly, but hits him with his fist, and in slow motion Reid’s face exploded like he got hit with a cannon ball.  He doubled over in pain.  He was not ready for that shot.  Great comedy in the NFL.

Romo takes the field amidst talk of his making too many mistakes and proceeds to throw a pick on their first possession...hmmm.

I just saw something I’m not sure was correct.  I saw a stat that said the Bengals are 4-2 after that win.  That can’t be right can it?

Meanwhile, San Fran is 5-1!  What the heck is going on in the NFL?  Eagles are 2-4, and San Fran is 5-1?  The Lions are 5-1.  I was not expecting that!

That’s one of the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen:  Jim Harbaugh is so excited with the win, he’s jumping and yelling and Lions coach Jim Schwartz  doesn’t seem to like the shake and back slap from Harbaugh, and yells something at him, Harbaugh ignores him as he’s yelling and jumping away, so Schwartz proceeds to chase him down and yell more, Harbaugh stops, curses Schwartz out, and all hell breaks loose.  The teams converge, everyone’s pushing and shoving.  You’ll see this for the next week all over TV.  I say Harbaugh is fine.  He should have pulled it together a bit before shaking hands, but he didn’t talk smack.  He just kind of bounced by the coach, gave him a half-assed hand shake and back slap while running by, and I guess that stuff doesn’t fly in Detroit. Silly.

I’m trying to stay awake watching this Clev / Oak game.  I’d call it dull, but I wouldn’t want to insult dull. 

It’s funny, all I have to do it type that a game is dull,  and the next thing you know they’re pulling a fake punt and scoring a TD.  I’m like a football puppet master.  Let’s see if this works:   “the Bears will NEVER win the Superbowl this season”.

I’m glad I’m not a gambling man (ha!).  I had New Orleans KILLING Tampa Bay today.  They’re losing by 10.

Wow, Dez Bryant is fired up.  He’s hollering at all his teammates on the sidelines.  Dallas has the lead with 5 minutes left.  This is typically where they fall apart.  Take a ride on the Romo Coaster.

That New England win is 100% on Brady.  He made all the throws he needed to make to get the job done. Shocking really.  He is pushing for best ever. 

OK, I have a very serious Bears game to watch tonight. If the Bears lose to the Vikings, I’ll be very very disappointed.  My prediction:  Bears CRUSH the Vikings.  And Hester has two run backs for TDs.  BOOK IT!

Bu Bye.

No comments: