Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Catholics vs. Convicts, and more!

Not even a loss to the despised Packers could ruin my weekend, after Notre Dame racked up their second consecutive win in a Bowl Game, beating "The U" of Miami 33-17 in the Sun Bowl.

Bowl wins haven't come easy for the Irish, so it's especially nice to have beaten USC along the way, and having watched Michigan suck the tailpipe vs. Mississippi State - losing by 38 points!

When it rains it pours. I'm very eager to see how the Jim Harbaugh situation plays out. Harbaugh going to the NFL, no coach at Michigan, new coach at Florida, chaos at Texas and suddenly South Bend is looking like a destination for high school recruits. I love it!

Now ... some random thoughts:
* I don't care what the Director of the Chicago Park District says. Get rid of that crappy grass at Soldier Field. I have better turf in my dog run.
* The Bulls are ranked 5th in ESPN's Power Rankings - I can't help but wonder how Rose, Boozer and LeBron would be doing right now.
* Ron Franklin was fired by ESPN for making condescending remarks to a female co-worker
(http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5988804) - You'd think he would have learned after being slapped on the hand for calling Holly Rowe "Sweetheart" during a Notre Dame-Purdue game in 2006.

What do you think?

No comments: